502 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmr1443
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

See screenshot below. I'm using this to generate invoices. It does everything I want it to do, except for one thing. For the final invoice that the customer sees, I want all products, both custom and standard, to be listed in a single field (success!). Then I also want all product prices, both custom and standard, to be listed in a single field (no success! Circled in red).

Issues I've run into with using "&" and CONCATENATE:

1. I want everything separated by commas, but I don't want there to be a comma at the end, for example if there are only standard products and no custom products.

2. I want the column to be formatted as currency, the same way the "Itemized Prices" and "Custom product price" are already. When I have tried using various formulas, it tells me that my field is no longer a number or a currency and cannot be formatted. Please help!

airtable question accoutning.png

2 Replies 2
Jason_Hill
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I make no promise this will work. I usually try to simulate the result by mimicking your base, but it's late 🙂 and I am just shooting in the dark. 🙂

IF(
  {Custom Product Price},
  {Itemized Prices} & ", $" & {Custom Product Price},
  {Itemized Prices}
)

I'll give this a try, but my gut tells me that if we have to add in the "$" then it is no longer being formatted as currency, and I'm not going to be able to do calculations with it!