Help

How to count records from another table with specific conditions then return specific values.

Topic Labels: Automations Formulas
408 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zuilkowski_
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey folks,

I have two tables:
Table 1
Table 2

On table 1 I would like to get a count of the number of records that satisfy certain criteria from table 2 and return one of two values: Limit or Not Limit.

The conditions I'm looking to count with are as follows:
1. Records created with a specific timestamp range. (For my use case it would be records created in the current month).
2. Records created that are associated to values across one of three columns. (For my use case we would be Baisc OR Pro OR Premium. So in the screenshot below we would count the number of values in the "Basic Cover Design" column that have a timestamp within the current month for instance.)
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 2.27.26 PM.png
3. Run this counting logic/formula against each row in table 1 so in order to determine if the user has reached their limit or is not at their limit for the current month. (I mocked up an example of the end state I'm hoping to achieve below using single select fields. But am assuming we would need to use formula fields to populate the same type of values).

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 2.40.23 PM.png

Generally speaking I am trying to get a count of the number of requests, per user, per month, from table two and return a value that shows whether the user is at or below their allotted number of requests for the month. I am also trying to check for the presence of any values within the columns "Basic Cover Design" "Pro Cover Design" or Premium Cover Design" and return a value in the "Subscription" column that indicates which column there exist records for the current month.

Would really appreciate some help here as my knowledge of airtable formulas is minimal but I would honestly love to learn!

0 Replies 0