1424 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cristian_Rojas
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve read several posts similar to this already, I but haven’t figured it out.

I’m trying to count how many times the word “Retouch” appears in this Rollup record.

Captura de pantalla 2019-09-09 a la(s) 23.16.46.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Skinner
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Here is one way to do it in a formula:

IF(LEN({Work Types})=0,0,LEN({Work Types})-LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Work Types},“Retouch”,“Retouc”)))

You are removing one character from the string for every appearance of “Retouch” and then counting the difference in length of strings.

However, in these situations I prefer to identify the value in the other table. So I would have a formula in the other table you have rolled up from called “Retouched” that contains:

IF( {Work Type} = “Retouch”, 1, 0 )

You can then roll this field up in the table you posted above and just sum the values.

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
David_Skinner
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Here is one way to do it in a formula:

IF(LEN({Work Types})=0,0,LEN({Work Types})-LEN(SUBSTITUTE({Work Types},“Retouch”,“Retouc”)))

You are removing one character from the string for every appearance of “Retouch” and then counting the difference in length of strings.

However, in these situations I prefer to identify the value in the other table. So I would have a formula in the other table you have rolled up from called “Retouched” that contains:

IF( {Work Type} = “Retouch”, 1, 0 )

You can then roll this field up in the table you posted above and just sum the values.

Cristian_Rojas

Thank you @David_Skinner , I feel so stupid having spent so much time trying to figure it out, when the solution was so obvious. It’s really cool having this community to support us noobs haha.!

Sneh_Srivastava
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@David_Skinner I’ve been going crazy trying to figure this out without COUNTIF - thank you for sharing! I know this is months after the original post, but I’m sure a lot of people are struggling with this exact situation.

dejan

You can now use conditional Rollup, and just COUNTALL(values). In the Field options, click the rather unobvious toggle "Only include linked records that meet certain conditions":

dejan_0-1680984169986.png