Help

Re: I'm just trying to do a simple formula to multiply a field by 2 and it gives me an error

Solved
Jump to Solution
740 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacob_Halton
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m trying to just double the value of a field in another field. I have one field called “costs” and another field called “goal” that I want to double to let me know how much profit I should try to make from an event.

I’ve tried:

{Total Costs} * 2

Also putting the 2 in parenthesis, leaving out the spaces, etc. Nothing seems to work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Is {Total Costs} actually a number?

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Is {Total Costs} actually a number?

Welcome to the Airtable community!

What is the field type of the {Total Costs} field?
Do you want to double {Costs} or {Total Costs} or {Goal}? Can you post a screen capture?

Sometimes values that look like numbers to a human aren’t actually numbers according to a computer.

@Jacob_Halton Have you been able to figure this out yet? If not, please answer the questions asked above so that we can better assist you.

Jacob_Halton

I’m not sure what happened but it’s working now. I think maybe that the data in {Total Costs} wasn’t set up properly because now that formula does multiply the total costs field by 2

I think you might be right in thinking it wasn’t a number. It’s working now after I messed around with a bunch of things and that might be why it didn’t work before.

Thanks!

Yes I think I might’ve had this set incorrectly. I messed around with a bunch of things and now it’s working so it probably wasn’t a number before