1038 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawntel_Cote
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’m looking to create a datestamp field based on if a Single Select field is either COMPLETE or CANCELED, otherwise it should remain empty.

I’ve searched through this site and tried a variety of options but have had no success.

IF(OR(Status=“COMPLETE”,“CANCELED”,LAST_MODIFIED_TIME())) **This returns all cells as blank

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Since you put the timestamp within the OR and you haven’t connected ‘cancelled’ to the field {Status}, you’re asking “if {Status} = ‘COMPLETE’, if the phrase ‘CANCELED’ is not blank, or if the record has ever been modified”. That is guaranteed to always be “true” since the phrase ‘CANCELED’ has a value. Your formula does’t output anything for “true” or for “false”. The proper formula would be

IF(
OR(Status="COMPLETE", Status="CANCELED"),
LAST_MODIFIED_TIME()
)

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

Since you put the timestamp within the OR and you haven’t connected ‘cancelled’ to the field {Status}, you’re asking “if {Status} = ‘COMPLETE’, if the phrase ‘CANCELED’ is not blank, or if the record has ever been modified”. That is guaranteed to always be “true” since the phrase ‘CANCELED’ has a value. Your formula does’t output anything for “true” or for “false”. The proper formula would be

IF(
OR(Status="COMPLETE", Status="CANCELED"),
LAST_MODIFIED_TIME()
)

Thanks that worked! I tried so many options that I had lost count of the variations. :slightly_smiling_face:
I can’t believe I missed this one as it makes so much sense.