579 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IT_Departmenrt
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, just wondering if someone can help me, I have an issue with a linked field.

The problem

I am working on a skills matrix and adding skill for a user is fine, however I need to create an additional field to show all the unselected items, ie. what goals after left to achieve.

So what I need is the linked files that shows all the selected items and another that show the unselected items.

Hope some one can help and thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Table-based features like formula and rollup fields can only act on data that exists. They’re not designed to identify what’s not linked or what’s missing from a given collection. What you want is only possible with a script.

Hi Justin, would you have a sample script I could use as a base for this?

Not currently. Are you interested in trying to script it yourself, or would you prefer to hire someone to do that? If it’s the latter, feel free to message me and we can set up a time to talk about this in greater detail.

Keep in mind that there are two ways of running such a script. It could be in a Scripting app, which would mean that you’d trigger it manually (either by running the script in the app, or by triggering it via a button field). The other option is to run the script as part of an automation, which would require your base to be in a Pro-plan workspace at minimum.