601 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, I don't know if it is possible and I don't how to do it, or if it is a feature that is still not available in airtable.

I have 2 tables: Reports and Users.

I divided the reports by categories (1,2,3 etc), and I created different views for each category.

I would like to lookup or rollup the category in the user table based on the different views that I created in the report table. In this way, I will filter the users by the categories, and I can apply some automation. Without this feature, I have, for example a person that has this: 

35.PNG

I would like, for example, that this person has only the code "5" and filter all the other data based on that.

Is there any way that I can do this? 

Thank you 🙏

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Sara 

Technically no there is not way to do that. BUT you can definitely use the FILTERS in the Lookup field to match the filters in the views. Meaning, the Lookup field will look like the view, but if you change the filter in the view it will not change the Lookup field. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Mohamed_Swella1
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

Hi @Sara 

Technically no there is not way to do that. BUT you can definitely use the FILTERS in the Lookup field to match the filters in the views. Meaning, the Lookup field will look like the view, but if you change the filter in the view it will not change the Lookup field. 

Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thank you very much! I will definitely suggest it as an idea, because it would be easier; the lookup filter just filters for that column not for everything.