1866 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonniEloff_VKDe
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I have tried a ton of suggestions but I am not figuring this out.  And I thought it would be a simple auto-parsing formula.

I have an interface that allows our team to enter a new task/call record into our task tracking base (see pic below)

I have a field that is Date-Time field that when an entry is created, the person adding the entry (through an interface) selects the current day/time when they start the task. (There is a lot of behind the scenes processing that happens with this information)

I want to be able to auto-populate a Date only field based on what was entered in the Date-Time field. 

date.jpg

Right now the Date and Month field are manually updated by the person filling out the entry.  (I want to remove this manual set of steps)

I also want the Month field to auto-populate the Month field - so again we can present the what happened in the month (Closed, Open, Pending tasks)

Reasons: We can have dashboards and the DB Views that organize/present what happened on each date, by Month, by clients, and by status..

I did manage to auto-populate YEAR by doing YEAR({Date-Time})
And I am getting month Number for the Month by MONTH({Date-Time}) but we want to have the Month Name (For example 4 would show Apr not just the number 4)

But what is really frustrating me is I can't seem to get an auto-populate field "Date only" (mm/dd/yyyy) based on the Date-Time field

Help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brian_Swanson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Look into the DATETIME_FORMAT formula.  It will do what you are looking for depending on the variables you place into it.  For Instance: 

To return the date only:

DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'D') would return 28

To return the month:
DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'MMM')  would equal Apr while
DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'MMMM')  would equal April 

Look at this for other output options for date time format:

Hope that helps

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Brian_Swanson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Look into the DATETIME_FORMAT formula.  It will do what you are looking for depending on the variables you place into it.  For Instance: 

To return the date only:

DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'D') would return 28

To return the month:
DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'MMM')  would equal Apr while
DATETIME_FORMAT({DATE-TIME},'MMMM')  would equal April 

Look at this for other output options for date time format:

Hope that helps

Thank you - I actually hadn't seen that article - Don't even know how I missed that but thank you.