1075 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noochy12
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I have 2 tables: Table 1 has a list of contractors and a field showing the value of the projects they've gotten. On Table 2 I have a field showing the contractor with the max value that auto updates as other contractors acquire projects with higher values but I can't figure out how to match the contractor to the value in Table 2. I tried concatenating the 2 fields in Table 1 but then I couldn't figure out how to get that data to populate in Table 2. 

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

Any chance you could provide some screenshots and an example of what you'd like to happen?  Would love to help but don't fully understand your setup, sorry!

Noochy12

Hi, thanks for the response. I'm able to get the values to rollup but I don't know how to get the matching contractor to populate with their value. I tried to concatenate that one field but it's grabbing the entire table instead of the top performer. air.jpg

Ah, thanks for the details!

Hmm, perhaps you could try this:
1. In Table 1, create a lookup field to display the field "Top Performer - union"
2. In Table 1, create a formula field that checks whether the "Top Performer - union" lookup field from step 1 matches the field that you're using for the rollup field "Top Performer - union"
  - This should result in a single record outputting "true" or some such
3. In Table 2, create a conditional lookup field that will display the name field of the record only if the formula field from step 2 outputs as "true"

Here's something similar to get you going

Noochy12

Thank you for your response, I'm still working on it. I can get a date and time to do what I want but, for whatever reason, I can't get a currency and name to do the same. 

Roger that.  Could you share some screenshots of the issue you're facing?

Sure, thanks! I have a lot of tables on this one but in this picture, I can grab the highest number but i don't know how to grab the matching contractor. top performer.jpg

Thanks, could you provide screenshots that show the following two items?

1. In Table 1, the  lookup field that displays the field "Top Performer - union"
2. In Table 1, the formula field that checks whether the "Top Performer - union" lookup field from step 1 matches the field that you're using for the rollup field "Top Performer - union"