cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anne_Sophie_Ass
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all!
I have two fields, both filled with features. I want to see which features are repeated in both fields.

For example, I want a column that would tell me that ‘Feature2’ is in both columns of row 1 (record1), Feature3 and Feature4 are both in the columns of record 2 and 'Feature1 and Feature3 are also both there in record 3.

Maybe a formula like: If the text in column A is similar to the text in column B, then insert it in column C?

I hope this is clear! Thanks in advance for your help!

14 Replies 14

@Jeremy_Oglesby

Ya – here’s hoping they continue to flesh out plain old formula fields still!!

I agree!! I also wish that they reached out to the community more & interacted with us more. Maybe even threw an annual Airtable developer’s conference or something. It’s almost like we’re entirely on our own over here.

OMG! It all makes perfect sense! That was VERY well explained! Thanks.
Where did you learn all this? Do you have secret ressources I could look in haha?

I know airtable has great documentation already… maybe I missed the best ones? OR you are just a Javascript expert? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m definitely not an expert, but I work in the software industry, so I do have some level of familiarity with how software and web technologies work :slightly_smiling_face:

And when it comes to Airtable specifically, lots of trial and error, testing, trying new things, etc. I’m a tinkerer, and sometimes I discover helpful things in my tinkering.

Lol, I think that’s actually one of the big issues with Airtable — their documentation is very limited (at best). I think that the experts here are bringing over their own knowledge from other programming languages in the past & applying that same logic to Airtable. And, as @Jeremy_Oglesby said, a TON of trial & error! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anne_Sophie_Ass
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Well I’m glad I found such great help! :slightly_smiling_face: