2769 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hopstack_market
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to add a formula where I the cell value is equal to the row number. 

So when I move the records around, the cell value dynamically changes. 

Any suggestions on how I can do this?

5 Replies 5

Hi @hopstack_market ,

I do not think this is possible. The same cell in a record, could have different row number in different Views. 

The alternatives could be:

a) Add a Autonumber fields - that gives you a unique "row number" going forward

b) If you have a certain View where you would like to number the cells and nothing else, you could run a script ( or Make automation) to assign numbers only to those rows based on their current order.

Why do you need to have the row number? There might be better ways to identify a record.

I hope it helps!

ob67
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any update on this?

It is a good feature for us. We need to have a couple of rows where the order is adjustable by people outside the organization. They might also delete some records, so we need the numbers to adjust accordingly (With autonumber it keeps counting taking into account the deleted records).

@ob67 out of interest, why would you need row number other than existing one?

Greg_F_0-1676440221592.png

One row can be on multiple positions in different views based on the filter/sort.

The only way to add actual number in cell would be to have a view specific script, that reads order of rows and inserts the value to a number field.

Hi @Greg_F , 
I need the same feature. 
I'm trying to keep one view as my priority list and other views are sorted in different ways 

@guyguyon You would have to either run custom script in Scripting block to create number for a given view (in a different view these numbers will be out of order) or run Make.com on that scenario to get numbers in order.

You can also manually move rows if you turn off sorting.