Help

Possible to Filter by Dates in a Formula Field?

Topic Labels: Formulas
Solved
Jump to Solution
956 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristen_Edge
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve scoured the message boards and cannot find a workaround for this. I have a formula to calculate a Due Date in a formula field; however, the filtering options for the formula field is quite unhelpful. I would love the option to filter for due dates within a week from now (etc) but the only options I have are “contains” and “empty” - which prevents me from creating filtered lists of Tasks that need to be done soon. The best I can do is sort the entire list - which isn’t nearly as helpful.

Anyone have a workaround or idea here (I would like to keep the formula as is - it tracks when items need to be done based on a final date)? I could copy and paste all the values into a date field, but that extra step might be unnecessary (hopefully)?

Here’s the formula I’m using if helpful: DATETIME_FORMAT(DATEADD({Event Date},({Days Before Event}*-1), ‘days’),“M/D/YYYY”)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kristen. I was a little surprised at your question because I’ve never run across this limitation (which just means I probably hadn’t tried it yet). So I created a formula (simple DATEADD) that returned a date, though not yours (interesting as I’ve never tried *- together…does it work?)

Anyhoo. I think what you’re missing is that your formula returns a string. Won’t taking the DATETIME_FORMAT out work fine for you? The formatting tab in the formula field window should format the date you’re after by default.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
augmented
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi Kristen. I was a little surprised at your question because I’ve never run across this limitation (which just means I probably hadn’t tried it yet). So I created a formula (simple DATEADD) that returned a date, though not yours (interesting as I’ve never tried *- together…does it work?)

Anyhoo. I think what you’re missing is that your formula returns a string. Won’t taking the DATETIME_FORMAT out work fine for you? The formatting tab in the formula field window should format the date you’re after by default.

Thank you! This demonstrates my underlying ignorance of the processes at work with functions. Appreciate your help and clear explanation!