cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
climesumer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, 

I have a users table with a sigle select column called "status" with the values "Not verified" and "Verified". 

When I create a new record, the Status field should automatically be set to "Not verified". Does anyone know how I can do this? (Couldnt find a solution). 

I tried an automation, but this is too slow. I am using Softr.io which accesses that field right after the row is created. That slight delay of the automation, already is too late. 

Many thanks

Simon

3 Replies 3
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Climesumer,  

Welcome to the Airtable community! 

This is a bit of a tricky issue. 

This may be unlikely but are you by chance creating these records manually? 

If so you can try a set up some clever grouping that will instantly fill you data with the status of "Not Verified". In the screenshot below I have grouped by status. Now if I were to add records using the + symbol at the bottom of the "Not Verified" group, any of those record would instantly be created with the not verified status. Note: you will need to always have at least one record (in this case the placeholder record) which is not verified to be able to add records this way. 

Cherry_2-1677799731974.png

I hope this helps! 

Hm, would it be possible to make Softr reference a formula field instead?  We'd get the formula field to look at your "Status" field, and if it was blank it'd output "Not verified".  Then for whatever user action you've got on Softr that updates the record, you'd point it at the "Status" field so that the select field would update, and you'd make the formula field output "Verified" if the value of the "Status" field was "Verified"?

climesumer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I found another workouround using a multi-step page setup in my softr app. 
The tip with the view was helpful for another email automation I did. 
Thanks to both of you for the quick reply!