Help

Re: Problem with multiplier formula (not recognizing decimal values)

Solved
Jump to Solution
1502 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brian_Zayas
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello-

I have a formula field that multiples values from two other rows. It functions properly when multiplying values without decimal points, e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. But fails to account for values with decimal points, e.g., 1.5, 2.5, 3.5. The odd thing is that for those values (the ones with decimal points), it actually accounts for the numeric portion of the values without the decimal value. Specifically, for 1.5 or 2.5, it will multiply based on 1 or 2, respectively. It ignores that there is a .5 tacked on as well… Here is the formula:

IF({Mins}=15,".5",IF({Mins}=30,“1”,IF({Mins}=45,“1.5”,IF({Mins}=60,“2”,IF({Mins}=75,“2.5”,IF({Mins}=90,“3”,IF({Mins}=105,“3.5”,IF({Mins}=120,“4”," "))))))))

Not sure if this is helpful, but when I click on the “formatting” tab within the field, here is the response:

“Your result type is not a number or a date. Formatting options are currently only available if your result type is a number or a date.”

Thanks in advance!

16 Replies 16
Brian_Zayas

So, I removed the “INT” function, and I think that did it. All the formulas produce the right results. If that’s the case, am I good to go? If I don’t make the other change you noted, will there be latent consequences? (Also, I don’t expect to have more than one number in my lookup field).

I think you should be fine.

Brian_Zayas

Scott- Thank you so much for your guidance. This platform is cool, but the community and available support is even better. Very much appreciated.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally agree with you that this Airtable community is one of my favorite things about using Airtable!!

And we’ve got some awesome superstars here in this community — @kuovonne and @Justin_Barrett and @JonathanBowen and @Justin_Barrett and @Kamille_Parks are some of my favorite superstars who inspire me on a regular basis, but there are a whole bunch of other rockstars besides them.

I hope nobody gets mad at me for forgetting them. There’s SEVERAL of them! Lol. :winking_face:

I appreciate the nod, Scott, but I can guarantee you that I’m not good enough to be listed twice. :winking_face:

OMG, hahaha!!! :joy: :rofl: :grinning_face_with_sweat:

I actually meant to tag @Jeremy_Oglesby!! Too many names starting with J!! Lol.

Brian_Zayas

Thanks again all. :thumbs_up: