4644 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carrie_Hannah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am attempting to calculate a cost per validation in a table using a Formula of two rollup Fields but I want the results to show either the resolution of the problem {column A}/{column B} or “0” if NaN or the sum of Field 1 if Infinity.

Examples of problems:
if
Field 1 rollup is $1800.00
Field 2 rollup is 0
I need the formula in Field 3 {column A}/{column B} to show $1800.00 not Infinity
if
Field 1 rollup is $0.00
Field 2 rollup is 0
I need the formula in Field 3 {column A}/{column B} to show $1800.00 not NaN
if
Field 1 rollup is $1800.00
Field 2 rollup is 2
I need the formula in Field 3 {column A}/{column B} to show $900

Getting the formula to give me the last result is easy enough - but I can’t seem to figure out how to use nested if formula to give me either 0 or Feild 1 amount.

Is anyone else able to help me build this formula? Please and thank you so much if so!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’m guessing there’s a typo in this:

Based on your topmost comment, I think you want $0, not $1800.

With that in mind, here’s my formula for {Field 3}:

IF({Field 2}, {Field 1} / {Field 2}, IF({Field 1}, {Field 1}, 0))

58%20PM

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’m guessing there’s a typo in this:

Based on your topmost comment, I think you want $0, not $1800.

With that in mind, here’s my formula for {Field 3}:

IF({Field 2}, {Field 1} / {Field 2}, IF({Field 1}, {Field 1}, 0))

58%20PM

Carrie_Hannah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you so much! That was a typo, my apologies, this is exactly perfect! That is so simple and exactly what I needed. I am really frustrated with myself that I couldn’t seem to make it work on my own. I’ve been struggling to get this to work all afternoon, you are officially my hero!

Katherine_Trave
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

For anyone new coming to this thread, this formula didn’t work for me (got an “Invalid Formula” error message), but I have successfully used:

IF({Field 1} = 0, BLANK(), IF({Field 2} = 0, {Field 1}, {Field 1} / {Field 2}))

Replace BLANK() with 0 if you want to pull through 0 - that’s down to need and personal preference.

That all being said, did I miss something completely in the previous formula? Was I supposed to input my own logical statements in there somewhere? :woman_shrugging: Oh well, got there in the end!

Welcome to the community, @Katherine_Traver1! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Hard to say without having seen what you did when trying to use the formula. Sometimes copying and pasting goes awry. Maybe you missed a parenthesis or copied an extra character by mistake.