Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Return value in field for record that matches value in linked table

Topic Labels: Formulas
1291 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gerianne_Chapma
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Not sure if this is a formula issue but here goes.
I have a table with contract info that is linked to a table with contract billing info (i.e.billing period start date, end date and due date and payment status (invoiced, paid, overdue).
In the Contract table I have a rollup field that returns for each contract - the start date of the most recent billing period. I would like to now display the payment status of that most recent billing period. Is there a way to do this? I’ve tried the lookup value but I cannot set it to lookup status only for the max billing start date.

3 Replies 3

Unfortunately, Airtable makes this unnecessarily complex & cumbersome.

You have to go back into your billing info table and create a new lookup field that looks up the rollup date field that you just created in your Contracts table.

Then, while still in your billing info table, create a new formula field that compares the start date of that particular record to the lookup field that you just created. If the 2 values match, then the formula should result in the payment status of that record. (If the 2 values don’t match, it should result in nothing.)

Then, back in your Contracts table, create a new lookup field that looks up the new formula field that you just created.

Agree -very clunky - BUT it Worked, so thank you very very much for this solution!. Not sure I would have figured this out on my own.

You’re welcome! Glad I could help! :slightly_smiling_face: