cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EduCareDo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi -
I have a column {Count of Amounts Paid of $250+} and I want to divide it by 9 because the number of scholarships available is determined at 1 after every 9 enrollments that are $250 and over. In an adjacent field - but because, for example, 51 divided by 9 is 5.6666666667 I want also want to ROUNDDOWN so that the scholarship fiel doesn’t display more scholarships than are actually available (only when it gets to numbers evenly divisible by 9. For the scholarshps field I tried:
ROUNDDOWN({Count of Amounts Paid of $250+}/9)
but I get an error message. I imagine my syntax is off in someway but I can’t figure it out. Thanks for any help you can offer!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @EduCareDo! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The ROUNDDOWN() function requires two arguments, but yours only has one. The second one is supposed to be the precision (i.e. how many decimal places) to use for the rounding operation. In your case, you want it to round to whole numbers, so your formula would be:

ROUNDDOWN({Count of Amounts Paid of $250+}/9, 0)

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @EduCareDo! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: The ROUNDDOWN() function requires two arguments, but yours only has one. The second one is supposed to be the precision (i.e. how many decimal places) to use for the rounding operation. In your case, you want it to round to whole numbers, so your formula would be:

ROUNDDOWN({Count of Amounts Paid of $250+}/9, 0)

Ah, that’s it, thank you! I’m at the beginning of of my airtable and formula-making journey as you can probably tell from my question. Thanks so much!

Glad to know that you got the answer you were seeking! If you would, please mark my answer above as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!