cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ben_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello Everyone,

I think this should be fairly simple. I have two tables. Customers (auto populated when an order is made) and the Quiz Results (auto populated when a quiz is taken on the website.)

I would be simple to link records and look up the appropriate data.

We want it all to be automated though.
The email address is most likely to match can I search(email) to link records then look up the fields.

Thanks in advance @Mohamed_Swellam @Justin_Barrett

BH

11 Replies 11

I’d be happy to help with this, but I don’t understand this part:

My understanding so far is that you want to trigger an automation when a new record is added to either table. That automation would search the other table for records that have an email address matching the email in the triggering record, and link to those records if found. (Lookup fields operate automatically, so once the link is made, the lookup data will appear. The automation doesn’t need to do anything on that front.)

Am I understanding you correctly?

Yes, that sounds right to me. Thank you

I can probably put something together, but not any sooner than Thursday. If @Mohamed_Swellam or someone else wants to jump on this before then, feel free.

Thanks, Im in no rush. One task at a time :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Ben.H,

As @Justin_Barrett said, you can do exactly that. There are 2 ways to do so:

1. Automation feature in Airtable if you have it available. You will need someone to write a script.

2. Zapier. You can follow the logic that Justin mentioned.

Hi @Mohamed_Swellam, What would be the logic in zapier? Update record?

BH

Hi @Ben.H,

The first is a Trigger when new record is Added, then you would use Search then you would use Update new record

Checking in on this. The past couple days have not gone at all according to plan. Looking at the most recent discussion, are you planning to proceed with Zapier? I’ve used it a little, but not a lot, so I’m not sure how much help I’ll be there.

Hi Guys, @Mohamed_Swellam @Justin_Barrett,

I am just getting back to the computer now. Ill update you soon

Ben

Ben_H
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The problem is that Zapier is asking for a specific record id to be updated. So the search function won’t integrate. Any ideas?

I wrote an automation script recently for another user that feels like it might be adaptable to your situation. It sounds like a similar use case (matching emails between tables and auto-linking the records). Here’s the thread. Let me know if you have any questions.