1763 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deirdre_Morriss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all, pretty new here! I just want to set up a field to capture grams and kilograms (weight).
Do I set cutomize the field to number? I’d like to to display KG or g like it would if I added a currency $/£/€ etc. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable currently only offers a few options for customizing the display of a numeric field, and weight options are not among them. If you want, you could show your support for adding more robust formatting options.

In the meantime, the best you can do is have your data entry in one field, and a formula in another to add “KG” or “g”. Here’s a thread that shows how to format numbers in more elaborate ways using formulas.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable currently only offers a few options for customizing the display of a numeric field, and weight options are not among them. If you want, you could show your support for adding more robust formatting options.

In the meantime, the best you can do is have your data entry in one field, and a formula in another to add “KG” or “g”. Here’s a thread that shows how to format numbers in more elaborate ways using formulas.

Thanks a million Justin, appreciate your time!

My pleasure Deirdre! Glad to know that my answer was helpful for you! If you would, please mark my comment above as the solution to your question. This helps others who may be searching with similar questions. Thanks!