cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmm
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,

I am wondering if it is possible to have small caps in an AirTable rich formatted field. If so, how can it be done? Can it be done with a formula?

How about inline css? Would this work? <p><span style="font-variant: small-caps;"></span></p>

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

No, rich text fields do not support small-cap. Rich text only supports a small set of formatting options.

You can store raw html text in a long text field, but you would need some other mechanism to display the formatted result.

rmm

@kuovonne thank you for your reply. May I ask what other mechanism to display the formatted result you might be referring to?

Also, do you know of a way to get an RSS feed off of a base other than miniExtensions app? The “mechanism” you refer to would need to be able to pass the small caps formatting on to the RSS.

Thanks again.

I don’t have a specific one in mind. If you have your formatting in html, there may be some apps that display formatted html. (There are so many new apps coming out that it is hard to keep track of all of them.) On the other hand, it sounds like you don’t actually need to view the small caps in Airtable.

Both Zapier and Integromat have RSS integrations.