Help

Sum up COUNTIF across multiple tabs in a table.

Topic Labels: Base design Data Formulas
2028 8
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JDC_361
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, 

I have this table in which each tab has a column with a checkmark ('Interested Lead'). I would like to sum up the total number of checkmarks in the 'Interested Lead" column across all the tabs in this table. 

1). What should I use? a function? a roll-up? or a look up table? 

2). When I try a look-up table, it only gives me the option of selecting one tab {PMf Sales} but not the other tabs. 

Thanks in advance! 

8 Replies 8
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @JDC_361!

Welcome to the Airtable Community! We're happy to have you. 

Having a field on this specific table in your example to show this information is not something Airtable is designed for nor capable of. This is because formulas in a relational database get applied to the entire column, and you cannot perform calculations in just one cell referencing many others on the same table like you could in in spreadsheets for example.

That being said you are still capable of seeing this information on this Table. You can do so by leveraging the native Summary Bar within Airtable. 

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 2.34.09 PM.png

In your case click on this bar at the bottom of the Column "Interested Lead?" and select the "Checked" option to get the number of checked records. 

Screenshot 2023-04-23 at 2.34.56 PM.png

I hope this helps solve your issue!

Hmm, you'd need to create a new table called "Summary" or something and have single record called "Rollup" or something in it.

Then, you'd link all of your tables to the "Summary" table, and connect all of your records to the "Rollup" record in the "Summary" table

Then, in your "Summary" table, you can create a "Count" field per linked table with a conditon to only include records where "Interested Lead" is ticked, and then you can create a formula field that'll sum all your fields up

Hi Adam, thanks for the reply. Really appreciate it. 

Do you mean like this? (screenshot)

But, there's no way I can add ALL the records from the other tables into here. That would be thousands of records in each table. 

Thanks in advance!

> Do you mean like this? (screenshot)
Yeap pretty much

> But, there's no way I can add ALL the records from the other tables into here. That would be thousands of records in each table. 
Hm, why not?  You can copy the text "Rollup", and in the data table click the field header for the field that links to the "Summary" table and paste it in, which would link all the records to the "Rollup" record, right?

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the reply. I'm trying to do what you say here but I don't understand what you're saying:

"Hm, why not?  You can copy the text "Rollup", and in the data table click the field header for the field that links to the "Summary" table and paste it in, which would link all the records to the "Rollup" record, right?"

Could you elaborate a little more? Here's my screenshot. 

Yeap sure, here's a gif:

Screen Recording 2023-04-29 at 9.46.55 PM.gif

Hi Adam, 

Thanks for the gif. But, I still wasn't able to copy "Rollup" and then paste it into "New table" field. 

I think I'm just going to have to export all the base tables to csv and then use PowerBI or Tableau or Google Data Studio or something. 

I just wished Airtable had better data visualizations tools. 

But, thanks for your help. 

Roger that, best of luck

Happy to take a look at this for you if you can invite me to your base; I'm pretty curious why you can't link everything together