2836 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meitar23
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to use formula TODAY() BUT I Don't want that it will automatically change with each passing day. I need that the original date that was created, will stay the same. 

Is there another formula that can do it? 

7 Replies 7
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

There's a `CREATED_TIME()` function that you can use, and you can get more information from the formula field reference

May I know what issues you faced with using the "Created Time" field as well?

Brent_del_Rosar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

And if there are a lot of formulas based off this date, it might be worth just adding the 'Created Time' Field and referencing that.

Joao
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Option 1: Use the CREATED_TIME() function in a formula field.

Option 2: Use the Created Time Field.

I need the date to be created when certain conditions happen.
I use the IF function to make this happen.
But once the date is created, I need it to remain the original date and not change the day after.
This is the function I built-
IF(Status="YES",TODAY())

I need the date to be created only when I change the curtain field with a certain value.

For example- 

IF(Status="YES",TODAY())

I need something instead of TODAY function...

Ah, you'll need an automation for that.

1. Create a "Last Modified" field
2. Create a "Date" field called "Date changed" or anything you want
3. Create an automation that triggers when the field has that value, and its action will be to update the record by pasting the value in "Last Modifed" from Step 1 into the "Date" field from Step 2

I think I found a solution. In the formula that I wrote, instead of writing the function NOW () I wrote the function DATE_MODIFYׁ() and it gave me the date automatically. I entered my Base today and saw that the date remained yesterday's date. Hope I didn't miss something 🙂