278 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Becky_St_Clair
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Not sure if this is possible, or if I’m even in the right topic. But essentially, I have set up a table for material cost for wood, but I want to use it mainly as a tool for giving quotes to clients. I have a material field, the dimension, unit cost, tax rate, and total cost after tax.

I would like to set up the dimension field so that when I put a specific dimension in, it will automatically populate unit price and all that in the remaining fields. For example: For one project, I want to know how much it will cost me to get 100 board feet of 2x6 American Yellow Cedar. I want to put in 2x6 in my dimensions field, and have it’s unit cost appear in it’s appropriate field, and let the formula calculate the cost. Then for another project, I need to figure out how much 150 board feet of 2x4 walnut will be. So I’d select my material as walnut, put in the dimension, and then have the rest of the fields auto populate with data I’ve already put into the system.

I hope this makes sense!

1 Reply 1

Hi @Becky_St_Clair,

Welcome to Airtable Community ! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Depending on how you calculate your price, you can do that easily. So do you have standard sizes with standard prices? Or is it per sqr feet?

You need to build a table with your prices and link your costing to table to it (via linked fields and lookup fields).

If I have more data from you I can help you more.

BR,
Mo