633 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryland-dxdl
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, I've looked around for an answer to this but haven't found one yet, apologies if I've been looking in the wrong place or the answer is obvious.

My airtable has a list of filename prefixes in one field and a corresponding number of files in another. The prefixes are formatted something like this: item-01, and then there would be a file count that can range up into the dozens. What I am hoping to do is use those two fields to create a file name list. So if the file count was 2, I would want a list that would go something like

item-01-001.tif
item-01-002.tif

This data would then be output to a "filenames" tab in the airtable. Is this doable? I am not good with formulas so I've been trying various solutions using linked records and automations but I haven't had any luck. 

Thank you for reading! 

3 Replies 3
Kiersten_Kollin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

You could use the concatenate formula. If I understood your use case correctly, it would look something like this.

Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 11.53.39 AM.png

Formula for this example: 

CONCATENATE(Name, "-", "00",{file count}, ".tif")
Screenshot 2023-08-21 at 11.54.37 AM.png

Sorry but this is not what I'm looking for. In addition to the name/number matching it's important that it produce the correct number of filenames; a single entry will produce multiple filenames. So for example: 

Name
item-01

File count

Should produce:

File name list
item-01-001.tif
item-01-002.tif
item-01-003.tif

Kiersten_Kollin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ahhh, gotcha!