cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi

I wondered if anyone might know what this formula does, it was created for my scenario in Integromat:

{{replace(toString(14.data); “/^([^\n\r]*[\r\n]){12}/”; emptystring)}}

I am just curious to know.

Thank you,
Mary

4 Replies 4

Quite intriguing I must admit. Found this on the Google Gods

All 3 of them represent the end of a line. But…

• \r (Carriage Return) → moves the cursor to the beginning of the line without advancing to the next line
  • \n (Line Feed) → moves the cursor down to the next line without returning to the beginning of the line *— In a nix environment \n moves to the beginning of the line.
  • \r\n (End Of Line) → a combination of \r and \n

What is known about the Integromat integration? What’s it connected to and what’s their application?

“Inquiring minds want to know” :nerd_face:

Hi @Nathalie_Collins

Thank you for your reply.

I have an Integromat scenario which will take a CSV file and once it’s parsed, it will place the data into Google Sheets. I was just not sure what this formula does. Especially the Empty String part and what do the numbers mean, might you know? I am afraid formulas are not quite my strong suit.

I often use that same phrase about inquiring minds, too. It was quite funny when I read it.

Thank you for checking this out for me. I appreciate it.

Mary K

That formula uses what’s called a regular expression to (apparently) remove all carriage returns, line feeds, and end-of-line characters from the text. I only know a little about regular expressions, but they can be quite powerful tools for searching and manipulating data. Unfortunately Airtable doesn’t support them (yet), but it’s good to see that Integromat does.

Hi @Justin_Barrett

Thank you for your reply.

Now I have a better idea what this regex does.

Thank you,
Mary