311 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
airballer86
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I am struggling to add a holiday string in an existing worback formula that changes the date based on another field. I applied Workday successfully but cannot apply {Holiday String}&"" 

SWITCH(
{Channel Size},
'Large Email', WORKDAY(DATEADD({Launch Date}, -16, 'days'), -1),
'Medium Email', WORKDAY(DATEADD({Launch Date}, -12, 'days'), -1),
'Small Email', WORKDAY(DATEADD({Launch Date}, -8, 'days'), -1)
)

I found two posts about adding a holiday string from a lookup field {Holiday String}&"" and still cannot get it to work.
https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/referencing-holiday-string-in-a-formula/td-p/13508...
https://community.airtable.com/t5/product-operations/feature-request-workday-holiday-sets/td-p/14471...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm, so this doesn't work for you?

WORKDAY(
  DATEADD(
    {Launch Date}, 
    'days'
  ), 
  {Holiday String} & ""
)

If so, could you provide a link to an example base so that I could take a look at it?  It's difficult to troubleshoot this as it's really dependent on your base setup

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hm, so this doesn't work for you?

WORKDAY(
  DATEADD(
    {Launch Date}, 
    'days'
  ), 
  {Holiday String} & ""
)

If so, could you provide a link to an example base so that I could take a look at it?  It's difficult to troubleshoot this as it's really dependent on your base setup

Hi,
At first, try to output {Holiday String}&"" and see if it's correct.
Also, please clarify what kind of error/wrong_value  do you have.

@TheTimeSavingCo First off, thank you for the prompt response, and more importantly for showing me the proper location for the holiday string! It worked! 

@Alexey_Gusev I did confirm the holiday string is pulling in dates correctly! I even removed and added holidays to see if the workback schedule adjusted accordingly! Thank you!