139 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Airtable_Padaw1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello! On the grid view, users are normally able to add new options to a multiple select field. However, when I try to do this on a form, I can only select from existing options. Is there any way to get around this? 

2 Replies 2

You have 2 different options here:

1. I love using Fillout’s advanced Airtable forms for this, because it’s the easiest & quickest & most bulletproof way of doing this. Fillout offers over 250 advanced features for Airtable forms, including what you are looking for: the ability to add new options to a multiple select field. You can even update existing Airtable records from a form.

2. However, you can also piece this together natively with Airtable’s built-in forms if you add an extra field that conditionally shows up when somebody chooses “Other” from your multiple-select field. (You would need to add “other” as an option.) Then, after form submission, you would need to have an automation that appends the value of the “Other” field into the multiple-select field. I give more instructions on this process here: https://community.airtable.com/t5/automations/updating-a-record-using-automations-replaces-the-previ...

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I personally do Scott's option 2. The only difference is that I manually look over the added options and add them to the list myself.

I found that having users add to this list can lead to messy data. But if your use case is more manageable then for sure automation makes it easier!