1192 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emerie_Lukas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello! I am creating an Interface as part of a complex project management endeavor. Multiple users of the interface will be interacting with records to change various sub-statuses on parts of the record in their workflow. When someone is reassigned to a record because it's "their turn" to work on it, it would be nice if I could have an interface element that showed all of the record's Activity history (just like you see when you expand a record from the data grid). 

Example:

Bob changes one of the status fields of this record from "Needs Review" to "Needs Editing" and assigns back to the project manager to now assign an editor. The PM, Sally, comes in and says "Ok I can see that this has been assigned to me but what changed? I can see the last person who modified this record is Bob, and I think he was reviewing [aspect] of this project but I can't remember which aspect he was working on."

It would be nice in this scenario if Sally could see the "Activity" that exists in an expanded record view, directly from the interface. So the activity would show "Bob changed [aspect] field to "Needs Editing" on [date]."

2 Replies 2
Matthew_Carrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Agreed! I think the comments element should be the same thing shown in the expanded record view. So you could view activity within it.

Exactly, 100%.

Within the Comments element, I'd like to be able to toggle between "All Activity", "Comments", and "Revision History". This would be wildly helpful for our use of Airtable.