725 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelsey-
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there - I'm creating interfaces for different external users, but some of my field names make more sense internally than externally. I'd like the field names in the interface to be different than what they are in the base. For example, my base has a field called "Load Description HTML", but I'd like that same field to be called "Contains which product?" in the interface. This would be similar to how Form Views allow you to change the field names so they make more sense in the form.

Does anyone know if/how this is possible?

Thanks,

Kelsey

3 Replies 3

Yes, just click on the field, and then in the right margin, click on the pencil icon to edit the display name.

Thank you for the response! But I'm not sure I understand. I'm talking about the column names within the grid itself, e.x. Load Description HTML in the screenshot below. The name is coming from the underlying data layer but I want to change it only in the interface. Do you know of a way to do that? Thank you!

Kelsey_0-1697029272962.png

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Oh, I see. I was actually talking about individual fields that you drag out onto the interface. For everything else, such as the grid itself, you have no ability to change the field names.

Currently, the only way to get this functionality is to use an advanced interface/portal app that offers this functionality, such as Noloco

I presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by AirtableAnd I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld