1246 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AARAS_Education
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! We’re trying to make a customer facing interface. The basic idea is that based on the clients last name and unique code (inspired by miniextensions portal), the client can only see records related to them. The issue we are having is as follows:

1. Users can change the filter types at any point (‘is’ and ‘=’)
  2. When the filter values are empty, it is possible to see ALL records and thereby raises a privacy issue.
    Our interface looks like this:

Our questions:

1. Is there any way where you can override a filter? For example, initially the filter set on the ‘Record Picker’ elements allows no records to show, and then when the front-end filter is used, it overrides the internal? If not, is this on the roadmap?
  2. Is there a way you can lock in the filter types?
    I understand that interfaces are still in beta testing, so it may not be possible. But if there are any workarounds, your help is much appreciated!
    Thanks
5 Replies 5

Interfaces isn’t ready for this use case yet. Currently, having access to an interface also requires having access to the entire base.

@AARAS_Education You will need to use a portal like MiniExtensions.com to do what you want to do.

Mike_Farmer
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Oh wow. Now I realize interface is useless for my company.

Jay_Fried
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this still the case?

A quick note that I was looking for a client portal solution and MiniExtensions was a great solution for my needs. Fully customizable and great customer support. Highly recommended.