Help

Re: Disabling Edit inline records also disable the Add or Delete record.

441 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bharathy
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I have created an interface in Airtable. I want to disable the inline edit option and enable the add/delete record inline. Are there any possibilities to do this?

I must enable inline edit records when a table value field is "Yes". Otherwise, it should be disabled. But I found that is not possible. Then When expanding the record from the interface edit form appears on the right side, hiding/showing the visibility of some fields based on condition.
But disabling edit inline records in interface settings Add/delete inline option is automatically disabled. Please suggest any possibilities.

Need an option to enable add/delete inline option and disable edit inline records.
https://www.awesomescreenshot.com/video/29750457?key=fcf1499acd92927ea57120ba17a70835

4 Replies 4

I think this is indeed possible. If you click on the whole page itself, rather than the visualization, you get an option to "Add Records through Form". This only helps with HALF the functionality you're looking for.

I have managed to find one space where the option for "Add/remove records" was available. Though slightly annoying to re-work. In a record detail, if you display a link field as a visualization, you can find the option here.  Again, click the group rather than the visualization itself. Here's a screenshot of what that looks like for me:

Sistema_Aotearo_0-1721603317656.png

If you can somehow get the dataset you want to be within a record detail, this works well. Otherwise, you use the Add Record through Form button. You could in theory also make a button with each record to run a script to delete the record.

The main difference is that one of these options is linking and unlinking, and the other is adding and deleting.

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/
Bharathy
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you, Sistema,

You are right Already that option is enabled. Add a record via the form but I am required to add/delete the record inline. but inline editing should be disabled.

Bharathy_0-1721617759411.png
Let me explain my page.

Bharathy_1-1721618336679.png

This is the form I'm creating records. However, in product field should be disabled so that the user cannot edit the product field because Those products are required product for the budget. When I create a new budget that product will be auto-included. This product field has a filter that dynamically computes conditions so conditions are not working in form. If the user wants to add the new optional product to the budget they should add it from inline. Because there is a payment field that should be editable when we add an optional product. For required product needs to be disabled since it is fixed cost.

Bharathy_2-1721619001413.png

The first two rows are required products that the monthly cost field should not be editable since it is fixed cost. the third row is an optional product that the monthly cost field should be editable since it is not a fixed cost.

Please suggest any possibilities. @TheTimeSavingCo @Sistema_Aotearo 

Ah, I see what you're trying to do now! I believe this is a "Permissions" issue. Check all the field permissions in your data. For the fields you don't want editable, you can change those so that only you, or no one can edit it.

This way when you're in your interface, you can enable edit inline.

Adding/removing records inline is technically editing too. The only way you can make one field editable and another field not editable is through the permissions.

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Justin Ng
Programme Coordinator at Sistema Aotearoa
https://www.sistemaaotearoa.org.nz/

Thank you! @Sistema_Aotearo  😊
I will check for any alternative solution if any.