Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Duplicate an Interface page, but change the underlying data source / filter

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
Solved
Jump to Solution
1349 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
js2222
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am trying to replicate something that I know I did previously, but cannot find the right options to do it now.

I've created an Interface with a page layout that is designed exactly as it needs to be.  (Record Review, but I don't think that matters.)  It is drawing from Table X, with a filter for only records that match Y.

I want to duplicate that page exactly, and then change the underlying filter.  So, this page should be identical except that it's drawing from Table X, and filtering for only records that match Z.  (I do not want to add a filtering element that can be toggled by the user of the Interface.)

I did this easily about 9 months ago, but cannot figure out how to do it now.  I can duplicate a page, but cannot find where I change anything about the underlying data or filtering.  Anyone know how?  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can duplicate an interface page. But if you want to change the underlying table, you will have to manually change the source for each field individually. Select the record picker element, and the in the "Data" panel on the right side, change the source and the filtering . All of the existing fields will look broken. Go to each field and in the "Data" panel on the right side, change the source. 

kuovonne_0-1700629902941.png

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can duplicate an interface page. But if you want to change the underlying table, you will have to manually change the source for each field individually. Select the record picker element, and the in the "Data" panel on the right side, change the source and the filtering . All of the existing fields will look broken. Go to each field and in the "Data" panel on the right side, change the source. 

kuovonne_0-1700629902941.png

Thanks!  That must have been how I did it before, and just forgot.  Boy, it'd be nice if there were a global option to change.  But this should do what I need.