cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jean-Philippe_E
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I'd like to embed a WebView or iFrame into Interface Designer (passing some fields as URL argument). An other option is to display HTML content (not MarkedDown stored in a field).

• I wondering where / if there is a documentation to code custom Interface Designer components ?
  • I don't want to buy a third party plugin ... 
  • As a workaround, I'm considering coding a ChromeExtension to hack that but it's very kludge

My usecase is VERY basic ... seeing a field containing HTML or previviewing an URL. I don"t understand why AirTable prevent that feature? (or I might missed it ?)

Thanks !

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Your only choice is to use a 3rd-party app. Noloco does this, and we briefly mentioned it on yesterday's BuiltOnAir Podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/live/sPIRyE1yBQY?feature=share

Thanks but I won't pay for a layer on top of (expensive) AirTable. The Interface Designer should have an Extension mechanism with same Embed / Preview extension than in the dashboard. It is a basic feature.

On the other hand I'm developer, I can code my own UI quickly but I'd like to avoid that ... I already have a Node-RED to open private API to GPT-4 and Puppeteer that Airtable won't do (and that's ok)