881 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Marks
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Is there a way to export an interface, configured as a "List" view to an excel file?  

I understand this gets complicated as many users have groups set within their list view.  I'd imagine that this would work though, if groups are placed into different tabs/pages on the excel file.  

Unfortunately, "Print this Page" isn't a great solution to export data.  Additionally, i've noticed that it formats very strange and is rendered useless.  

I'd like to also note, that the interface is the only employee facing option.  Employees don't have access to the base.  Only the interface.  

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

This is not currently possible with Airtable’s interfaces. 

If you’re looking for “static exports” that you pre-define in advance, you could do that with Make’s Airtable and Excel automations.

If you’re looking for “dynamic/live exports” that reflect the user’s currently-selected sorting, filtering, and grouping, the best solution that I’ve found for this is to use Noloco for your interfaces.

Noloco offers an export button for its interfaces that lets the user export the list that they’re currently viewing on the screen.

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld