Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Filter Calendar By Record

Solved
Jump to Solution
66 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjvalente
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am building a "record review" interface, and I am struggling with the calendar element.  Each record has a series of dates as milestones but unlike every other field, I don't see a way to filter or format the calendar to show ONLY the dates of the record I am reviewing, it only shows the milestones for ALL records.

Is there really no way to filter a calendar, either as a view or as an interface element, by a specific record?  This seems like such basic functionality I am struggling to accept this is the case.

I found this thread which seems to clarify this, but I am re-asking in case I am missing something:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/is-it-possibel-to-show-dates-in-a-calendar-elem...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cjvalente
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Well golly, that does it. I had tried this in the past with no luck, but I was missing linking the calendar table back to the main source table. That allows you to select that linked field as the calendar source. 

Thanks for the assist!

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Yeah I couldn't find any setting for that either.  As a workaround I ended up creating a new table to deal with this, as it let me display it like so:

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 10.31.00 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-09-25 at 10.32.46 AM.png

cjvalente
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Well golly, that does it. I had tried this in the past with no luck, but I was missing linking the calendar table back to the main source table. That allows you to select that linked field as the calendar source. 

Thanks for the assist!