2685 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megan_Lask
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create automations such as emails and Slack messages to send reminders to my team to update certain projects (records) in a project management interface. When we were using data mode, I simply linked to the Record URL in the body of the message in the automation. Is there a way to link to a specific project/record in the record review layout? Or perhaps in the record summary layout?

Here's a link to the video I sent to customer support. I haven't heard back from them and they suggested posting here. 

https://www.loom.com/share/d6166031e85e47afaf7e1311866f7b88

thanks! Megan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I replied before finishing your video (oops!) and now see that you already knew the part about the rec ID in the URL. I think what you actually might be looking for here is the formula piece that lets you generate this URL as a standalone field in your base so that it can be referenced in your automation.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi @Megan_Lask!

Yes, this is possible 🙂 To create an interface link for a given record, take a peek at the last bit of the interface URL in your video. The "rec" prefix before the gibberish tells us it's a record ID.

You can construct your interface URLs for each record the same way as before by creating a formula field with your interface URL minus the rec part & RECORD_ID(), like:

"https://airtable.com/appP5hH3nWTbTk2Iv/pag4lRoOvssMC0fRx?kgkbw=" & RECORD_ID()

Hope that helps!
-Stephen

Stephen_Orr1
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I replied before finishing your video (oops!) and now see that you already knew the part about the rec ID in the URL. I think what you actually might be looking for here is the formula piece that lets you generate this URL as a standalone field in your base so that it can be referenced in your automation.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
-Stephen

Megan_Lask

Thank you Stephen! This is exactly what I needed : )