cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brucehum
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

We are creating an interface that is filtered by collaborator is current user. 

But collaborators can be of 2 kinds (from a simple select: commercial and analyst).  And both fields have to appear in the record in the interface. So that a Commercial collaborator knows who is the analyst assigned to this process, and vice versa. And also, so that in the collaborator field only a Commercial collaborator can be chosen for that field, and only an Analyst can be chosen for the other field.

We have tried to use linked fields to a different table with User, Type of user (commercial, analyst). And then we do get the right people in the right role... but of course, then you don't get the current user filter in the interface.

Looking around and with many tries, we have found no way to do this.

How would we be able to do this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Weird, I have the option to filter by current user based on the lookup field:

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.19 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.13 AM.png

Apologies if I've misunderstood, and best of luck!

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5

Airtable doesn’t have the functionality that you’re looking for, but you should be able to get that functionality with a great external tool called On2Air Forms.

Alternatively, you could switch to a completely different database app that offers that functionality natively, such as FileMaker. If you need referrals to a FileMaker developer (which is what I used to do before I became an Airtable consultant), feel free to contact me through my website.

Hmm, could you try adding a lookup field to display the "Collaborator" field in your main table?  Once you do that you should be able to filter by current user again

Thanks for tip. I had tried that, and have tried again just now in case I had forgotten something simple such as the lookup field itself pointing to the collaborator field... ... and the problem is that the lookup field, even if it includes collaborators with their rounded icon, etc, has a lookup file type in the table, so then in interface you don't get the option to filter by current user. 

As can be seen with this screenshots of the interface filter and the database:

Weird, I have the option to filter by current user based on the lookup field:

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.03 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.19 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-05-22 at 12.12.13 AM.png

Apologies if I've misunderstood, and best of luck!

Link to base

Hello,

Indeed this works!   I was not using the proper order of linked field -> lookup to user. 

Thanks a lot.