cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello,

I have created 3 forms connected to the same page (they need to be) and I was wondering if there is anyway to filter them on an Interface to only show those submitted on the same form.

Thanks. 😊

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hello @JWalker ,

There is a Prefilled form feature.
By adding this feature and a single-select field, you can identify which form was used to fill out the form.
Prefilling a form via encoded URL | Airtable Support

See Solution in Thread

abhibavishi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey @JWalker,

What @Sho mentioned in their answer is a good solution. You should create a hidden field in your AT form and pass a value to it using preFilled URL, so that you can know which form was used to submit a record.

For example: 

You can create a single-select field in your base called source. 

For Form 1, you add source as a hidden field and prefill it by saying: 

https://airtable.com/shr12345678?source=Form1

Repeat the same for each form. 

And then in the Interface, you can just apply the filter on each form to filter by the source record.

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hello @JWalker ,

There is a Prefilled form feature.
By adding this feature and a single-select field, you can identify which form was used to fill out the form.
Prefilling a form via encoded URL | Airtable Support

JWalker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,

Thank you for responding, however, this isn't what I'm looking for as I don't want to refill anything I just want to be able to see which form was used for the event request. We have 3 different versions some they range in how much is required to be filled out/number of questions. Is there any way to organise them in an Interface?

abhibavishi

Hey @JWalker,

What @Sho mentioned in their answer is a good solution. You should create a hidden field in your AT form and pass a value to it using preFilled URL, so that you can know which form was used to submit a record.

For example: 

You can create a single-select field in your base called source. 

For Form 1, you add source as a hidden field and prefill it by saying: 

https://airtable.com/shr12345678?source=Form1

Repeat the same for each form. 

And then in the Interface, you can just apply the filter on each form to filter by the source record.

You can also just create an automation that is triggered when a form is submitted, and update the appropriate field.

Thank you for explaining it to me!