3418 14
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lmonje
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It is quite disappointing logging into the new interface today. Already it has caused inconvenience to its users and I hope users will get the option to choose the interface that works best for them. 

One major issue is the inability to sort workspaces in the order you want, which can make it challenging to find specific workspaces quickly, especially if you have many of them. Another issue is the inability to rearrange bases by dragging and dropping, which was a convenient feature that saved users time and effort. 

Furthermore, when you click on any workspace interface, accessing the home page is not as easy as it used to be. This can be frustrating for users who need to quickly navigate to the home page to access essential features and information.

Lastly, some users may feel that the new interface looks outdated compared to the previous version. The visual aspect of an interface can be just as important as its functionality. A modern and visually appealing interface can make users feel more comfortable and engaged with the platform. If the new interface looks outdated, it may negatively impact user engagement and satisfaction, leading them to search for alternatives that offer a more visually appealing and modern interface.

In conclusion, while change is inevitable, it is important for platforms to ensure that any new interface meets the needs of its users and improves their experience. This includes balancing both functionality and design to create an interface that is both easy to use and visually appealing.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Russ
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I searched this post looking for a way to get back to what we had. What a disaster this new interface is. I don't know if it is my neurodivergent brain running the show, but I open the the AirTable and my brain freezes. I cant find where things are anymore. They are not in the base and if you get them base by base, they are not in the order I need them in. I had these in very specific orders of what I needed to work on and when. This new system is a nightmare. I've been using AirTable since 2015. I've watched the erosion of what we have access to for free, and I've seen things change the in the credit we get for signing up someone new. All of this I can deal with, however my work feels all over the place now. Like I have a messy desk of files everywhere rather in nice neat piles. I don't use this word often but I HATE the new layout. I have three businesses running out of AirTable that was completely organised in AirTable until this happened. Now all three businesses are mixed into one with the last one I used going to the front. What a mess. 

Looks like I need to go back to excel. It will be a slow transition, but they've never done anything as stupid as this. 

See Solution in Thread

14 Replies 14
Alexander_McArt

I cannot stand the new interface. What a horrible transition, no continuity!

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I totally agree with @lmonje 
The new interface is disgusting. It definitely lacks the manual sorting options. It has redundant info about last base modifications. It's a total mess if you have many workspaces and bases
Moreover, the Airtable's approach to change everything without any warning or roll-back options is really scary. 
People are keeping their crucial data and running businesses on Airtable - it can't just change one morning like weather!!

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

To be more specific:
- there must be a way to manually sort the order the workspaces and bases, not only by date/alphabet
- interfaces and bases must be visually separated (by color or by position)

Russ

I searched this post looking for a way to get back to what we had. What a disaster this new interface is. I don't know if it is my neurodivergent brain running the show, but I open the the AirTable and my brain freezes. I cant find where things are anymore. They are not in the base and if you get them base by base, they are not in the order I need them in. I had these in very specific orders of what I needed to work on and when. This new system is a nightmare. I've been using AirTable since 2015. I've watched the erosion of what we have access to for free, and I've seen things change the in the credit we get for signing up someone new. All of this I can deal with, however my work feels all over the place now. Like I have a messy desk of files everywhere rather in nice neat piles. I don't use this word often but I HATE the new layout. I have three businesses running out of AirTable that was completely organised in AirTable until this happened. Now all three businesses are mixed into one with the last one I used going to the front. What a mess. 

Looks like I need to go back to excel. It will be a slow transition, but they've never done anything as stupid as this. 

Sergei_RasKar
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

An option to use the old home page is completely removed - after all negative reactions the new home page got, it's a huge spit into AT users' faces. 
Do you really realize what you are doing. Airtable is not just a funny mobile app - it's a system used for businesses, where multiple people on different level of qualification are using it on daily basis to make money! 
How do you imagine a company with 10+ employees that see its software one precious morning totally redesigned?! Have you ever taught office personnel to use a database?! You don't even imagine how hard it is for somebody to grasp a complicated system and how lost they can get if something changes!
Looks like you're targeting those users who use Airtable as a shopping check-list, not companies and businesses, but then why all this mess with scripts, interfaces, extensions marketplaces?

Looks like all AT developers should think well about backing up their clients' data... AT is not on the rise anymore. Or what?)

Russ

How did this get into the "solved" section. It's not solved. It still looks like crap that I am still grappling with. Get the old interface back.
I used to teach Indonesian staff to use this. Then when everything changed, I'm back to do all the work myself. 

I agree this is horrible.  Totally unusable. I'm going back to Excel too.

Ashbash_
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Anyone know any alternatives to airtable, i absolutely cannot stand this new redesign. 

It looks outdated and disorganized

Russ

When you find something, please come back here and let all of us know. 

Thanks Ashbash_