Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

How to let a non-tech person enter data?

Solved
Jump to Solution
391 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eranggg
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hey,

I want to help my father's business and automate it to be more efficient and save him time.

The problem is that he is not technological at all and he gets a bit complicated and I am afraid that he will destroy or enter wrong data (enter empty records or accidentally click on things).

I wanted to ask you how you would deal with it?

I thought maybe creating forms to create customers, a form to edit the details of the customers, etc.

is this a good idea?

I would love to hear from you how you would behave.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, a really structured, conditional form sounds like your best bet.  I'd use the Interface forms so that I could group input fields together to make them less confusing too

For the updating bit, you could attempt to set up a layout in your Interface; @Sistema_Aotearo has a post on how to do that here.  You could also check out using Fillout.com's update record integration too

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, a really structured, conditional form sounds like your best bet.  I'd use the Interface forms so that I could group input fields together to make them less confusing too

For the updating bit, you could attempt to set up a layout in your Interface; @Sistema_Aotearo has a post on how to do that here.  You could also check out using Fillout.com's update record integration too