Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Dropdown changing sorting in share link

Topic Labels: Interface Designer Views
503 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shaun_Thomson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

So, I love the fact that I can finally share interfaces and embed them into our services. This has finally given me the use case for them. 

First snag I have found though is that when I have a drop down, for some reason one of them keeps changing the sort for the records and I don't know what I am doing wrong. The dropdown is filtering a linked field. 

When I select the dropdown on the interface designer, it is in alphabetical order
When I select the dropdown post publishing, it is in alphabetical order
When I select the dropdown on the embed or make larger link, it is chaos

Is there a way for me to fix the sorting of the dropdown item? I show the perfect drop down and the less that perfect one in the attachements. 

2 Replies 2

Hmm, yeah, doesn't seem to be tied to a view or anything either.  Might want to open a support ticket directly with Airtable!

Shaun_Thomson

I raised it. Was making sure there wasn't a sort step that was hiding somewhere in the background here. 

Temporary solution while Airtable fixes the bug is to use an automation to make the linked field a single select field. Found out the filters on single selects work perfectly (after alphabetising the list).