Help

How to print interface? Ideally would like it to be a button.

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
1670 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caruso0782
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am trying to find a solution to printing interface out tasks in a A4 portrait Layout, but currently if users print its several pages of mess. I have build a page layout in extension 'Page Designer' but unable to create this as a button as to allow the users viewing in interface to be able to print the details. 

Any Ideas how to print interface? Ideally would like it to be a button as I need it to be user friendly, who have only Interface viewer access only.

5 Replies 5
Vic_Airtable
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

We totally hear you on the need to be able to print interfaces easily. Please know that our team is working towards building print capability for Interfaces, but doesn't currently have a timeline for its release. While a print button cannot be embedded into the page design, users may print Page Designer pages from the button in the top right corner of the extension. This support article outlines the printing capabilities of the Page Designer extension. 

If you can make it work so people can be able to print from the interface design that would be fantastic

Still following this.

Page designer is a great tool but:

-You have to have access to the data to view (Not everyone should be able to view all the data)

-Its removing the point of an interface (To not leave the interface page)

It seems like the page designer should have its own column in each tab as needed on the data side and is viewable from the interface side as an attachment. Seems kind of silly to build an interface and then need a separate page in the data that acts like an interface to accommodate as the solution. 

KyleC

absolutely agree. Need a way to share data without giving external users access to the entire interface.

DevinA
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Ive recently created a separate interface where you can search all the records and it brings up all the data and I can screenshot and print/share. Not ideal but has been a decent workaround for me.