599 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alastair_Budge1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I went into Airtable to create a new form, and was pushed to do this in the "Interface view".

It seemed relatively straightforward, but I can't find an option to "stop accepting new form submissions", like there was in the normal form view.

You can "unpublish" the form, but this leads to a really nasty error message if someone tries to access the link (see screenshot).

Is there a solution for this? 

At the moment I have had to edit the form by removing all of the fields and adding text to confirm that it is no longer accepting submissions.

3 Replies 3

Yeah...as far as I know there isn't an option to stop accepting submissions for an Interface form.  I ended up using the workaround you mentioned as well when I had this issue

@Alastair_Budge1 

Unfortunately, that is not possible with Airtable’s interface forms, and even Airtable’s form view only gives you that one manual toggle that you have to manually monitor yourself. However, you have 2 much better options for this:

1. Your #1 best bet is to use Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable, which is not only 100% free, but also gives you unlimited options for disabling form submissions. Not only do they gave you basic options for disabling forms — such as disabling forms on a schedule that you specify — but more importantly, you can conditionally disable the “Submit” button on the form based on ANY AIRTABLE CONDITIONS THAT YOU SPECIFY. Fillout also offers about 100 advanced features that Airtable’s forms don’t offer, such as updating Airtable records from a form.

2. Alternatively, you can use JotForm, which offers several different options for disabling its forms, such as counting the number of submissions. And then, you can use Make’s JotForm integrations to send your form submissions to Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Thanks @ScottWorld. I have come to the same problem again, and it seems mad that Airtable hasn't added the same functionality (disable form) on the "improved" version as on the original version.

I think I'll just stick with the original version again. I can't see any advantages with the "upgraded" form, and there is a major disadvantage. And I'd also rather not use third-party tools