Help

Re: in Interface, how do I show my current $ balance?

Solved
Jump to Solution
530 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Morris2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seems like it should be easy. I want to display the "Ending Balance" field from my most recent record. The summary type for monetary records doesn't have an option for most recent record. But the date record does have that option. So I can display the most recent date, but I want instead to display the Ending Balance for that record. Is there a way to do this? Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

My workaround for this is to use the rollup with `MAX(values)` method with a formula field, and to filter on that formula field.  Not the prettiest, but it works.  Here's a link to a base with that set up

I'd also love to know if there was a better way to do this too

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.43.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.42.49 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.42.46 AM.png

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

My workaround for this is to use the rollup with `MAX(values)` method with a formula field, and to filter on that formula field.  Not the prettiest, but it works.  Here's a link to a base with that set up

I'd also love to know if there was a better way to do this too

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.43.11 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.42.49 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-28 at 9.42.46 AM.png

Thank you for your response. I am getting it to work, but do you need to manually add each date to the rollup? Seems like it would be easy on AirTable's end just to add a "Most Recent" to the summary field options!

Michael_Morris2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think I responded too soon. I see that all I have to do is add to the "Rollup" each time from the main table. Yeah, I think that will work. Thank you!