Help

Re: Interface - can you duplicate the Details Layout pages across interfaces?

1551 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Paul_Matsushima
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello!

In the Airtable interface, when you create an element type that has the ability to "allow users to open record details", for instance in a "gallery" or "grid", and you click on the "configure record details"(see screenshot), it leads you to a "details layout" that displays details of that record's object type. For instance, if you have a "Contacts" object type, the "details layout" allows you to put information about the contact (like name, email, phone, address, etc.) on that details page

Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 7.25.36 AM.png

My question: if you have multiple interfaces for a single base, each of which requires those same "details layouts", can you duplicate the "details layouts" across each interface so you don't have to manually duplicate them? If this feature isn't available, it'd be a great addition to reduce the amount of manual labor required!

2 Replies 2
Tyler_Thorson
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, but only by copying the Interface that already has the details page set up the way you want.

Then you can alter the copied interface to become whatever you wanted the new one to be.

There is no way to copy the details page layout to another, already existing interface.

Unfortunately Airtable currently lacks the ability to manage Details pages in any way. Hopefully they will add that feature in the future as I detailed in this post:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/allow-the-creation-of-multiple-different-config... 

Tt

Thanks for the insight, Tyler! Very helpful. I expected that the answer was going to be "duplicate an interface and then update each interface page with new details". That makes sense for new interfaces. But doesn't help with pre-existing interfaces, which you detailed nicely. 

And I like your suggestion in the other thread about customizable detail pages. That would be a great additional feature.