cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olafjasiniak
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I'm looking for a way to filter records dynamically similar to currently available options "Current user" and "Current user's email". What I have in mind is a formula field in the database that outputs something like "@acme.com", "@company.org". 
Then, in the interface designer I would like to set up a filter that filters all records and shows them to the user of this domain. A similar feature is available in forms sharing permissions, where I can share a form with users from the specific domain.

Thanks to this feature, I could have one interface with dynamic filters, where the user with email ending with "@acme.com" would see all records associated to this company.

The current workaround would be creating separate interfaces and sharing them with the necessary users, but if I'm providing services to multiple companies and want to implement some changes or upgrades to the interface, I have to reproduce it in all the separate views.

Could this be put on the feature roadmap? 😄 

1 Reply 1
MarkK11
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Implementing dynamic filters based on user domains is a valuable feature for multi-tenant interfaces. You can suggest this feature to the service provider’s development team or check if their roadmap includes such updates. Meanwhile, using a script or a custom function to filter records by user domain might be a workaround. Always keep an eye on the platform’s updates for new features that could simplify this process.

Best regard,
PublixPassport