405 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WeigandE
5 - Automation Enthusiast

If I create a survey form (interface) to be filled out for project requests - do the other departments making the request using the form need an Airtable license? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. Forms are always publicly accessible unless you choose to make them private.

By the way, you may also want to explore Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout is an advanced form replacement for Airtable that offers dozens of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including dynamic linked record filters (i.e. dynamic dropdown selections), the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, and much more.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

No. Forms are always publicly accessible unless you choose to make them private.

By the way, you may also want to explore Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout is an advanced form replacement for Airtable that offers dozens of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including dynamic linked record filters (i.e. dynamic dropdown selections), the ability to update Airtable records from a form, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, and much more.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

WeigandE

Perfect! Thank you! 😁

ErikaE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Follow-up question: we have a user field on our interface form where we gather requests from different departments. We do not want to give them seats, but, we do want to have a user field on the form so they can select their name once they sign in. Which is required to access the form. Is that possible? Or do they have to be added to the base as a viewer to do this? which would mean everyone in the organization would need to be added.