455 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coups
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Has anyone made / planning to make something like this?

I can see how a gallery view would be nice as a starting point for an App with lots of Interfaces, but I can't see a good way to add a simple clickable 'link' to them, other than have a URL in the Record Info, but it wouldn't feel very intuitive?

Coups_0-1711114830505.png

Thoughts?

6 Replies 6

You can add buttons to the top of the screen that go to URLs. Check out the right margin when you’re in edit mode.

Coups
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yeah, but eventually it just collapses them into a drop down menu.  I'm just curious to see if anyone has done something similar to the above.
The best I've come up with is a minimal gallery view, and when you expand it into the record view, adding a button at the top there that says 'go to section' or similar 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You are starting with a gallery page, but there are also other page options that give you more design flexibility.

If you start with a blank page, you can design the page yourself, and there are button elements that you can drag onto the screen wherever you want.

However, if the blank “design your own interface” page still doesn’t give you enough flexibility, then your best option is to use Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable, which lets you design an entire interactive app for your customers with index pages, etc.

I gave an entire one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

And the CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this BuiltOnAir podcast episode. https://youtu.be/yyJSHijFD7g?si=7CJzR935EJps9Vl6

p.s. If your company has a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Joe_Svingala
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Maybe I am bit naive to what fields can be visible within the gallery view, but couldn't you create a button field within the base that drives this interface and have the button be a url formula that drives the end user to the interface page? Then just make that button visible on the gallery interface? 

Coups
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I totally forgot there was a button field in the actual base ... And yes you can display the Button field in the Gallery view ... 👏

Unsure if we'll use it but seems to look pretty good!  (Label was entered as 'go' as a test)

Coups_0-1711126774452.png

Oh, I didn’t realize that you wanted a button on each record.

Yes, that’s what the button fields are for.

There are actually 3 different types of buttons in Airtable: button fields, button elements that you can drag onto “do it yourself” interfaces, and dashboard buttons at the top of dashboard interface pages.