cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kseka_anto
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi there,
I guess the interfaces don’t work on Airtable mobile app yet.
I cannot build an interface, ok, but I don’t even find the interfaces I made for my table…
At least when I try to get to my new interface from my iPhone, I only can find a mention of it in notifications (but not on the workspaces overview), and it looks awful when I try to open it.
And if I click on the link in my email from my iPhone - no way to get to the interface either…
Or is it just a bug of my iPhone?..

Thanks! :winking_face:

29 Replies 29

Welcome to the community, @kseka_anto! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Interfaces are currently only available in the desktop browser and standalone app environments. If you open the full browser version on a larger mobile device (like a tablet), it might work, but it’s not really designed for smaller devices like phones. The interface setup is designed from the outset for large screens. Will it ever be converted to work on smaller screens? Tough to say. You could always reach out to Airtable support directly (in the app: Help → Contact support), though there’s no telling if they’ll divulge their plans for interfaces on mobile (if they have any).

Tom_Kraft
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be nice if it worked on the tablet app. I can understand why it would be difficult to get all the UI to fit a mobile format.

Hi Justin. I understand that it might be difficult to build the interfaces on the mobile. But, it seems like a phone would be a great place to consume the interfaces, given how they can present simplified information and views.
Anyway, I love Airtable!

TechBloom_Marti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any news on availability to have interface designer released in mobile?

Vacature_Via
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would be awesome!

Lori_Johnson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes! I would love to have interface viewing on the app!

Joanna_Parker
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Seconding this! Would love to roll out the interfaces to our team members who primarily input data via forms on tablets rather than accessing the full system.

Tim_Vranken
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, interfaces on mobile or at least on tablet would be awesome!

David_Arthur
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m really surprised this isn’t an option already. I’m using interfaces to summarise data in airtable and the key place I’d like to use this when I’m out and about on my phone. Currently there’s no option to me?

Shiny_Bucai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I totally agree, I really hope the interfaces will be available on mobile devices!
I love Airtable, and it would make it even greater

Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Sending some users to interfaces and some users to views, depending on their device, is a headache.

If mobile interfaces aren't in the cards or are a long way off, links (like in 'Open URL' buttons) that can detect the device capabilities and redirect to an interface or a view accordingly would be helpful.

Sorry for replying to myself but a 'Fallback View' could be a useful configurable parameter for Interfaces. Or maybe we'll have mobile interfaces next week 🙂

amit
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I will also echo what others are saying. Having an interface available on a mobile device actually makes more sense since I can devise even more terse views on the interface than I can in Views (for example, a blank template with just a grid view). In any case, the viewability of the resultant interface is our responsibility, but  we should at least have the option, no? 

Sean_Murphy1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I think they must be planning something, unless their plan is to forfeit the mobile space for front-end development. Especially when you consider that Interfaces are getting permissions-related capabilities that Views lack, such as the ability to just restrict a user to their own records without having to create a view for every... user... 😩

Exactly.... I don't understand the logic. I mean... I get it... solving reactivity on a UI that you don't control on whatever device that you also don't control sounds like a nightmare.... but still, I just don't legitimately think you can ignore the mobile space for major features anymore.

Hrm... if I were an airtable employee, I would start here: designing ONE mobile-ready interface. Can we pilot with only one interface that is not as customizable as the rest... in fact it can be a fixed format, just as a PoC while they work out all the other problems. If they expand like this, I don't see a huge lift

gideo8
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed this is the next big thing they need to do!

Starfield
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This is an unbelievable limitation.

That fact that a person can't enter data into a table via a Form/Interface on their Phone is flat-crazy. That should be the *primary* need for Forms and Interfaces... to adjust input for tiny screens. From time management to inventory... so many tasks are done away from a desktop screen. The fact that this thread is a year old makes me wonder if Airtable is listening.

Leslie_Burke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I want to add my voice to this thread as well. Interfaces, Timeline views and maybe even extensions all need to be accessible from a mobile device. Especially with the added user control that's come with the new interfaces release, mobile is needed more than ever.

Matthew_F

UPDATE - iOS app now supports interfaces: https://community.airtable.com/t5/announcements/introducing-mobile-interfaces-on-iphone/ba-p/160766

Older instructions for past reference:

• Open the Google Chrome browser on your iPhone
  • Go to Google.com (DON'T open a "new tab" with it defaulting to Google-- actually type in Google.com and go to that).
  • Click the triple dots in the browser UI (not on the Google website) to "request desktop site."
  • Keep your phone horizontal and search for "Airtable login"
  • Login with your Airtable credentials (if you were already logged into Airtable on your Chrome browser on your phone, it may show an error page or magic link request page in which case you have to log out of Airtable on your browser first; it shouldn't matter whether or not you're logged in on the actual Airtable app)
  • Now you are in your Airtable account and can click on whatever interface. You can also turn your phone back to portrait/vertical position at this point.
  • Note that things may display weird or not work super well, that's why I prefaced this with "in a pinch" - but it's better than nothing and some interfaces (depending on their design) probably work ok. I haven't extensively tested it.

Hope this helps. Have a great day and God bless! 🙂