Help

Re: Interface reporting that shows percentage of students who completed within a set day frame?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1068 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lydia
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello I am creating a time to value metric reporting system for our course.

Our goal is for our students to complete their first submission within our course in 14 days.  I have created a formula field that calculates the days from the student's enrollment date to the date they submit their first submission within our course. (see below).

Screen Shot 2023-01-05 at 4.33.25 PM.png

So my question is; how should I create reporting in the base interface that reports the number/percentage of students who completed their submission within 14 days?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You will need one field for the enrollment date, and another for the date of first submission.  Then use DATETIME_DIFF(... "days") to calculate the difference in days between these two dates.  Wrap this inside an IF() formula, so that you get an output of "Yes" if the difference is 14 days or less, and "No" if the difference is over 14 days (or there is no submission).  So this will be:

IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Submission date}, {Enrollment date})<=14), 'Yes', 'No')

Then just use the number box in your interface to count the number of records with 'Yes' in this field.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
JonathanB
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You will need one field for the enrollment date, and another for the date of first submission.  Then use DATETIME_DIFF(... "days") to calculate the difference in days between these two dates.  Wrap this inside an IF() formula, so that you get an output of "Yes" if the difference is 14 days or less, and "No" if the difference is over 14 days (or there is no submission).  So this will be:

IF(DATETIME_DIFF({Submission date}, {Enrollment date})<=14), 'Yes', 'No')

Then just use the number box in your interface to count the number of records with 'Yes' in this field.

This worked easy peasy! Thank you so much! lol

You're welcome 🙂